Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Give it a Swift Kick

Jackson and I woke up early to leave for Dallas on Saturday morning. It was 6 am when we pulled out of our driveway. When I drive, I like to make good time. I only stop every three hours to fill up on gas and take a potty break. I knew that if I left at 6 am I could get to Dallas around 6pm.

We were on the road and making great time out of Colorado Springs when I heard a horrible noise. I thought maybe the road got rough so I just moved to the other lane. That didn't work so I looked in my rearview mirror and saw smoke. Oh no, a flat tire. I pulled off the side of the road. Thank you Jesus, a nice family saw what happened and pulled off in front of me. The husband and his two boys helped me unload my suitcase to get my spare tire and they began to change my tire.

The only problem was that the tire wouldn't come off. All the boys pulled and tugged on it as hard as they could. We didn't know what to do. I called Discount Tire and asked if they had any suggestions. The nice man from Discount Tire said that sometimes with my car you just have to give it a nice swift kick. Who would have thought? It worked. The man just kicked the tire and it came right off. I know, only in my life does this kind of stuff happen.

I am sure that if the nice family wouldn't have stopped to help me, I would have already thought to kick the tire. I am sure I would have kicked it about a hundred times in frustration because I was so mad that my good driving time was messed up.
Anyway, we got the spare on and I had to turn around and drive back to Pueblo to get a new tire. It was about 9 am by the time I pulled back onto I-25. My record was ruined so I decided to just slow down and enjoy the trip. Jackson and I had a ball. Don't we all get in such a hurry and so busy that we forget why we are even doing what we are doing.

I am off to Mexico with my hubby on Friday to stop and enjoy life together. To do nothing together.
We are going to "be still and KNOW that He is God" while enjoying His magnificent creation on the beach!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

o yea baby!!

brad

Anonymous said...

What do you mean - Brad never told you had to kick the tire really hard?! Shame on him! Just kidding, I would have never guessed that! I am glad you got there safe and sound. Now quick...go - eat, soak up the sun, read a few good books, and be merry in Mexico!
Paula

Followers