Thursday, October 16, 2008

Hi Ho, It's Off to Work I Go

Work, I know why they call it work. It is work. It is hard and very exhausting. I feel like I am just putting one foot in front of the other to keep going. I am tired at night and tired in the morning and living on coffee and God's word each day. I mean I am having to just say, "Lord, i can't keep going without you." He keeps me going.

I have never been in a place like this before. It is such a neat place for me. It has been a long time since I have had to rely on the Lord to get by minute by minute, rely on Him for me to be shown what His love is like to a lost, lost world, to love my kids and be patient with them after a long day, to be kind and attentive to my husband after a long day. Oh, it can be done. It just takes total and complete reliance on Him.

Unfortunately, I had forgotten what that was like. Thankfully, He is slowing showing me what it is truly like to abide in Him, to let Him "do His thing" in my life.

May you live through Him today.

2 comments:

Breanne said...

Yes - we all need to be aikr that - I do hope you get some rest too though!

pondering said...

Hi, welcome to the working moms club. ha!

In this club you will find an endless pot of coffee, double caffeinated, piles of undone laundry (or at least unfolded and put away), traffic jams, convenience dinners, pre-sunrise commutes followed by post sunsets returns, the most comfortable bed in the world calling your name (who cares if it's made?), the touch of your children will be sweeter, but weekends fly by too fast, never ending errands, schedule conflicts, and an ENTIRE closet full of ALL KINDS of HATS! Try them all on, but don't wear too many at once, they only stack too high and fall over.

But best of all, the thing you will find in this club is the sweet refreshing fellowship of the Holy Spirit strengthening you each day, unexpected moments of alone time and prayer, and the hope that awaits you in eternity!
Praise the Lord!

Followers