Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Good Credit Score

A few weeks ago I got an e-mail from a dear friend to come and teach at their ladies' night out. I was so excited. A few days after that I got another e-mail from her. Now, on my phone when I get an e-mail, I can see part of the message on the screen without having to open the whole message. I was at a stop light and decided to check my e-mail. (My mom gave me her old Iphone and I am really addicted.) I got a message from my friend and it read, " Kasey, we are so excited to have you. Please send me your contact information, what airport you need to fly out of. a good credit score." What???? Did she just ask me for a good credit score? My heart dropped. Not that we have a bad credit score, (Brad has a service that checks it regularly and keeps us right where we need to be.) but I already struggle with "Why, Me?" Why would anyone want to ask me to speak to their ladies. Me, who thoroughly spent 4 years trying to single-handily destroy my life through sin and rebellion. "WHY," Iasked the Lord? I am SO not the one to do this! God spoke to me through the words of Jeremiah 1:5-9 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.""Ah, Sovereign Lord," I said, "I do not know how to speak; I am only a child."But the Lord said to me, "Do not say, 'I am only a child.' You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you," declares the Lord. Then the Lord reached out his hand and touched my mouth and said to me, "Now, I have put my words in your mouth."

I am not worthy to go and do anything in the name of the Lord but Jesus is and He for some strange reason has a calling on my life! I know better than to disobey that! Not too long after that e-mail came, I received another e-mail from her. Jeremiah 15:19 was in the next e-mail. It says. "Therefore, this is what the Lord says, If you repent, I will restore you that you may serve me; if you utter worthy not worthless words, you will be my spokesman."

What am I to do - repent for my sins, He will restore me. If I utter worthy and not worthless words- I will be His spokesman. He does the work in me. My job is to repent and utter worthy words. My prayer is like Jeremiah, that the Lord would reach out His hand and touch my mouth and "put His words into mine!"

PS. When I opened the full e-mail, the request for a good credit score was an advertisement on the bottom of the e-mail. She wasn't asking for my credit score after all. YIPEE!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

That's funny. You have been called to speak and teach. Give me the specifics of the when and where and I will be praying for you. I love you.

Followers