Friday, July 10, 2009

We Are Home!




Hey Friends! How are you?? I am busy, busy! Brad and I took a wonderful vacation with some of our best friends to Arizona and we didn't want to leave. We sat by the pool and ate so much! We tried every restaurant we could! It was the best trip. We keep calling each other wishing we could go back. We were truly blessed to have some time away to hang out and laugh. Boy, did we laugh. They always say that laughter is the best medicine. It sure does a heart good. We laughed till we cried often. Then we sat by the pool with Courtney's Ipod and blared our country music for all the world to hear. It was so fun! 

Now we are back home and since our house has sold (praise the Lord!) we are packing it up! I am learning that a house is just a house. Once I start taking down my pictures and all my stuff that makes my house feel like "The Ewing's" it just looks like a plain house! I love my house but it doesn't really feel like my house anymore. Any house will do for me - it is who is in it and all my "house stuff" that makes it home. 

Ever think you need the next big house (or fill in the blank)? The things of this world will do nothing for us. I will admit there will be some temporary enjoyment but it won't last. The church that Brad and I were at last weekend has a motto that is "Faith, Family, and Friends."(www.firstbossier.com) The older and hopefully, wiser I get. I am learning that their motto is truly what matters.  Our vacation would not have been the same without our friends, my house is not my house without the family and things our family fills it up with. Most importantly, our lives would not be what they are without our faith. I lived many years of my life with a pretend faith. Now that I have the real thing, I won't go back. He is the real thing and in the end - the only thing that will truly satisfy you!  

Psalm 90:14 "Satisfy us in the morning with your steadfast love, that we may rejoice and be glad all our days."

No comments:

Followers