Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Jake Ewing Sept. 9, 1999-Aug. 26, 2001

Not quite sure what I feel this morning. Eight years, wow, I didn't think we would make it through eight days. And here we are eight years later. Time moves quickly, don't waste it.

This morning I dropped Jackson off for Kindergarden and my sweet baby just waved and screamed out love you mom while blowing me kisses. One thing about Jackson, he loves his momma. I didn't want to drive away, I bawled the whole way home. The first few days of him gone was fun, I got to get some stuff done. Now I just want him to sit in my lap and cuddle me all day.  That boy was God's gift to heal this heart of mine!

I don't have much today, I am pretty raw. Not sure why this one is hitting me harder than the last few anniversaries have. Maybe all the changes lately are getting the best of me?

I can tell you this. Our home is not here, are we living like it is? Don't waste your life! Read my last post by John Piper, it says it all, the words I want to say but can't today.

4 comments:

Lelia Chealey said...

Oh Kasey, I cannot begin to imagine how you must be feeling, but please know that I will be lifting you & your family up today here in Nebraska. I love the pictures.
Blessings~
Lelia

Lindsay said...

I love you and am praying for you guys.

Anonymous said...

Just prayed for you.

Love,

Amy (Ables)

Anonymous said...

Kasey, We love you and our hearts go out to you with prayer.
Linda Percy-RMC, Colo Spgs
P.S. We miss you guys!

Followers