Monday, November 17, 2008

Know Your Ending!

Most of you know that I am a huge Dallas Cowboy fan. I love football and love my Cowboys. We went to some friends' house yesterday and I TIVO'd my game so I could watch it quickly and with no commercials when we got home. We have lost the the last few weeks and our quarterback has been out and it has just been pretty pitiful to watch. Last night I figured that we would lose since we were playing the Redskins and this was Romo's first week back and still has a broken pinky. Brad knew who won and I asked him to tell me so I wouldn't be disappointed watching the game, plus it was after 10 and I was just tired. He told me that we won. I was so excited that we preceded to watch the game.
The first two quarters of the game were awful. I kept saying, "how did we win this? I don't believe it. Are you sure?" Brad kept reassuring me that we won. Finally. we did.
Do you ever feel that way about life? Lord, are we really going to win this? Is this really turning out the way you said it would?" Question after question. Lord, I just fumbled the ball, how will I be victorious? Hebrews 12:1-3 " Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart."
How did Jesus handle the difficulties in life? He knew how it was going to end. He knew that death on the cross would have to happen but in order for us to be victorious in this life, it had to be done. He knew that enduring the cross would bring eternal salvation for it all. He knew how it was all going to end. He knew that eventually one day, He would come back and reign on this earth as king so He could submit to death now for life later.
We also know how it is going to end. We know what is in store for us who know Jesus personally as our Savior, a life in eternity with Him. We know the end. Let's live like it. John 16:33 states "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." Know your ending, know that Jesus is one day coming back to rule for eternity.
My husband has a quote on his computer and I think it is a good reminder to us all: "Eternity is a long time to live with regrets." Let's get out there and live this thing out. We know that in Christ Jesus we are more than conquerers. Go run your race!

1 comment:

Breanne said...

It is - I hope I have no regrets.

Followers