Thursday, January 22, 2009

A Crazy Week

We are getting ready to leave for Peru next week and it has been crazy. We have had quite the week. I got sick with a migraine on Friday night - the night of prayer for our Peru trip - at my house! Then we spent the weekend getting gifts for our compassion children and their families. We got ready to go to bed on Sunday night when Jackson started throwing up and couldn't stop. At 3 am we ended up in er. Thankfully, the dr's got him hydrated and to stop throwing up. The stomach bug is slowly hitting each family member. I can't wait to see what God is going to do on this trip, the events leading up to it are making me think - HE is ready to move in a mighty way!
I am a bit anxious to get it all packed and ready to go. Here is what my verses were in my devotion this morning. Something tells me you could use them as much as I did! They are from Daily Light, January 22 ( I think that is today :) but I am not certain!)

"In the multitude of my anxieties within me, your comforts delight my soul. When my heart is overwhelmed; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. O Lord, I am oppressed; undertake for me! Cast your burden on the Lord and He shall sustain you. I am a little child; I do not know how to go out or come in. If any of you lacks wisdom. let him ask of God . . . . and it will be given to him. Who is sufficient for these things? I know that in me (that is, my flesh) nothing good dwells. My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness. Son (daughter) be of good cheer, your sins are forgiven you . . . . Be of good cheer, daughter; your faith has made you well. My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness . . . When I remember You on my bed, I meditate on You in the night watches."

Ps.94:19,Ps.61:2. Isa.38:14,Ps. 55:22,I Kings 3:7, James 1:5, 2 Cor, 2:16, Rom. 7:18, 2 Cor. 13
2:9:Matt. 9:2,22:Ps. 63:5-6

No comments:

Followers