Thursday, May 14, 2009

A New Ring and Reminder

My wonderful husband took me out a few weeks ago for a big surprise date. On that date, while sitting at The Melting Pot, I took a rose off our cheesecake and found a beautiful ring in it that I have had my eye on for awhile. I was speechless (very unusual for me).  I had no idea!  I was so excited.

The only problem is that it is a little too big for me and I have yet to get it sized. Really, I just don't want to take it off. So I got me some scotch tape and wrapped the back of the ring so it would fit! Clever, I know. I was speaking at a Mother's Day dinner last weekend and I had that tape around my ring. I kept playing with it at the dinner table. It is like God spoke to me right there. Kasey, you are like that ring. You might be all dressed up and shiny tonight but don't you forget who taped you up. It is "He" who healed my wounds, it is "He" who restored my life! It is HE who is able to take the "foolish things of this world" (ME) and "confound the wise."

I got an email from a dear friend and she ended her email with this . . . 
"Little is much in HIS hands!"

1 comment:

Sue said...

Amazing how God teaches us stuff (when we listen) through the simplest of things... even tape on a beautiful new ring!

Thanks for sharing and enjoy your new ring!

Followers