Friday, May 9, 2008

Be Careful Little Eyes What You See

My friend, Melanie and I were at the party store getting ready for a going away party for a dear friend of ours. Melanie is a friend that has such a talent to make things happen and make them beautiful in the process.  I have all these great ideas and I call her and she makes them happen. Poor thing, she probably hates the day I moved one street over from her. We both serve our church in women's ministry and poor thing, I get her doing all kinds of stuff. She has spent many of night up late cutting, pasting, and decorating all sorts of "great ideas" I have. 

Anyways, I had Jackson shopping with us and at the front of the store they had all of these cute sunglasses that he was trying on. One of the pair had large gold money signs (can you imagine?) on them but all he could see while wearing them was the stripes and he said, "Mom, look, my eyes are in jail." It was so cute. 

But as I got to thinking, I thought many of us need to put our eyes in jail. It reminds me of the song we used to sing when we were little, "Oh, be careful little eyes what you see, for the Father up above is looking down in love. So, be careful little eyes what you see." Now, many of us as women are not as visual as men and don't struggle with the visual aspect, some do though and need to be extra careful. Some of us need to be careful with what we watch from the emotional stand point. The men and relationships pictured in movies, tv, and books are so not real and can create an unhealthy longing in us. 

Proverbs 4:25-27 "Let your eyes look straight ahead, fix your gaze directly before you. Make level the paths for your feet and take only ways that are firm. Do not swerve to the right or the left; keep your foot from evil."

1 comment:

Allikaye's Mama said...

I love that verse! And my little Allikaye listens to that song on her new Worship CD! That is so true that we should guard ourselves from the temptations that are ever so present! Thanks for being such a vessel in little blog-world! I am now addicted to what God is going to say through you!!

Followers