Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Be Sure Your Sins Will Find You Out

Today is our last day school and, since the school was taking our kids to Skate City, I thought what would be the harm of letting Drew skip school to go to football camp with his team. I woke up early to have my quiet time ( I didn't yesterday and it wasn't the same having it in the afternoon, I was already crabby. Even a game of Nertz didn't help!) and I decided to check my e-mail really quickly. There was an e-mail from Drew's teacher saying he was missing 7 assignments. Yes, SEVEN!. I pulled him out of the bed, got him dressed and showed up to school at an awful hour to figure out what exactly was going on. Some of the assignments were in his desk. It was so messy I am not sure how one could find anything. There were quite a few that were incomplete.
So, we sit here at 1:30pm finishing up a newspaper that was due yesterday and I am trying to not knock some sense into my oldest child. He is going into middle school next year and I keep telling him that he won't have a teacher next year that will do this for him. It will all be his responsibility. I am beginning to sound like a broken record but I just can't help myself. I am so irritated. Plus, I never got to have my quiet time which further irritates me and puts me in a bad mood. I need Jesus to change me as much as my son needs it but I am focusing on him right now. He seems to be in much more need of changing.
Isn't that how it is though? It is so much easier to gripe and complain about what others are doing than to look at ourselves and see our need, our sin, our junk! My junk looks pretty bad when I think about how I have acted today. I honked at some car that almost ran me off the road (that one might have been justified) but I was mad about it. I hung up on Brad because I was irritated with Drew. I have lectured Drew on and off most of the day about being responsible and so on. I am sure anything I say is lost on him now because of the nagging. The list can go on and on.
So, instead of continuing on in the slow decline (or fast, however you want to look at it) I am going to get in my big leather chair, drink my Izze (my new favorite drink) and ask the Lord, as Beth Moore would say, "to please change my mood!" My family will be grateful!
PS. I forgot to mention in my list of reasons why I am mad today is that it is like 40 degrees here. It is cold, rainy, and foggy. My house was 62 degrees when I got home. I am cold and bitter.

1 comment:

pondering said...

oh yes, don't we all have days like this... didn't mamma say there would be? UGG! I know it!

Honestly, one thing that has been on my mind lately is our enemy only comes to kill, steal and destroy and will not leave us be. But greater is He that is in us, than He that is in the world and He will have that victory. Some days have the purpose of just showing our weakness and need for Jesus. At least that way we won't forget. So, we have another opportunity to go and pray to Him. Yes, in our weakness He is made strong. Praise God.

Followers