Friday, May 16, 2008

New Kids On The Block

I was watching the Today Show this morning and they had "The New Kids
On The Block" singing all their old songs and generally making fools
of themselves. I used to love them. My dad took me and all my fifth
grade girl friends to go and see them in concert a couple of times.
We were all in love with them and stood for three hours screaming at
the top of our lungs. What memories! How sad to see them now as 30
year olds dancing around the stage awkwardly with half naked girls
dancing around them. I am sure they didn't have that when we went to
their concert.
My advice, like Paul's, is best not to go back. In Philippians 3:13, Paul
says "forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead."
We should all take this heart. God is ready to do a new thing. It is
time to leave the past in the past. God is wanting to do a fresh and
new thing in our lives. Let's ask Him to speak afresh to us today,
not to go on things we have learned about Him in the past, but to do a
new work in our lives.
Isaiah 43:19 "See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you
not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the
wasteland."

No comments:

Followers