Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Memory Verses

Here are my verses I want to memorize for the next few weeks or months, depending on how long it takes!
Matthew 6: 19-21
“Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

Ephesians 6:19-20
"Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel,for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should."

What verses are you working on??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. No comments on this one. :o)

I admit I stink at this. I used to do it when I was in high school, but just got out of the habit. I need to do it. I want to remember 1 John 2:15-16.

15Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16For everything in the world—the cravings of sinful man, the lust of his eyes and the boasting of what he has and does—comes not from the Father but from the world. 17The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever.

pondering said...

I don't do well purposing to memorizing scripture! The part that makes it hard for me is not remembering the scripture, but it's because I forget I was memorizing to begin with, so I don't remember to practice. LOL I have some scripture memorized by accident because they are among my favorites.
I like Philippians a lot so I think I will start with something from Philippians.
Philippians 2:1-4 Therefore if there is any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and mercy, fulfill my joy by being like-minded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others.

Also I will memorize this one from the King James Version:
1 Chronicles 26:18 At Parbar westward, four at the causeway, and two at Parbar.

That one looks like fun to quote to people when they ask me what scripture I have memorized and I spout that out! I can see the looks on the faces now. :-)

Followers