Tuesday, February 19, 2008

3 AM Wake Up Call

We have all had them - we are in a dead sleep and then you hear a blood curling scream and then after the scream is the vomiting. The kind that has left a trail of vomit on your carpet from their your room to yours. That is how I was awakened last night. Poor Jackson. He has the stomach bug. He was scared and miserable and just couldn't stop throwing up. I was up washing towels and praying that we wouldn't all get it - AGAIN (this is the second time it has run through our house). I was wondering how many sleepless nights would occur in our household. Then the sweetest thing happened. After Jackson had gotten sick and I was trying to comfort him back to sleep, he cries out "I just want someone to sing with me." I sort of thought he was maybe just a bit delusional since I don't sing. I replied, "that is your dad's area. I just clean up throw up."

Then Brad went down stairs and got his guitar and sat at the end of the couch that Jackson was laying on and sang to Jackson. I laid in my bed and watched as he sang "Don't Cry" which was Jackson's request. I almost died right then and there. It was just about the sweetest thing I have ever been a part of. To watch his daddy sing him to sleep. To watch his daddy quiet his tears and settle him to sleep. Then I thought, God does this for us. When we are hurt, crying, and distraught and God sings over us. What a picture. He loves us so.

Zephaniah 3:17 The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his love, He will rejoice over you with singing."

I will never look at the verse the same way again. Don't you love when God gives us an earthly picture of His Heavenly LOVE!

1 comment:

Lady J said...

I love when God shows me an earthly picture of His love, too!
Thank you for sharing.

Followers