Sunday, February 17, 2008

Be Still

I just got a Bible a few weeks ago that shows you how to read through the Bible in 90 days. I am loving it. I am at the part where the Isrealites have just been freed from slavery and they are "marching out boldly." However, Pharaoh and his army come after them and they are terrified and cry out to the Lord. They think the Lord has brought them out there to die.

We do this, don't we? God calls us to do something, we march out boldly in belief and it doesn't seem to be working the way we thought it should. So we whine and complain to the Lord that He doesn't know what He is doing. He must have brought us here to die. Now, it might not be that dramatic but we think this. We think that God's plans for us are not good. We think whatever He is going to call us to do is going to destroy us instead of free us to do all that God has for us.

Listen to Moses' response to them, "Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the
deliverance the LORD will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again. THE LORD WILL FIGHT FOR YOU; YOU NEED ONLY TO BE STILL."

Psalm 27:14 says "Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD."
Waiting is so hard for me. I really don't like it. I want to know what God is doing right now. I want to know His plan right now. He says "Wait patiently on me and I will turn and hear your cry." (Ps.40:1). Our waiting lets God work. Our waiting lets God fight for us. (Who wouldn't want that?)

So, today, Let's "Be still and KNOW that He is God." (Ps. 46:10)

No comments:

Followers