Saturday, February 23, 2008

None of These Things Will Move Me

Paul tells us in Acts 20:24 "But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God."

What will move you? Paul had decided before he faced all the trials that he faced that NONE OF THESE THINGS WILL MOVE ME. It is a decision we make, not based on how we feel but an act of obedience. The great thing about our God is that He changes our feelings too. Sometimes, it just takes time and our decision to not be moved by the things that we encounter. We must decide like Paul, that no matter what we face, we will not be moved. It sure makes the things we encounter so much easier to handle.

Why? Because when we haven't decided that nothing can move us, something will move us. When we face a trial, a hurt, a loss and haven't made that decision we are really facing an added trial on top of the original one. Let me see if I can explain. When Jake died, I knew that I would still trust the Lord, regardless of the hurt. So, I had to just grieve the loss of Jake and not the fight over would I trust the Lord or not. If we haven't made that decision, we are grieving our loss and we are in a battle over our souls. Will we trust or not?

Satan is not a respector of our losses. He doesn't say, "Well now, Kasey has just experienced the loss of her life, I think I will let her alone for awhile and give her time to recover." NO! He swoops in ready to tell us that God can't be trusted, God really doesn't have what is best for us in mind. You know all the things he tells us. He uses those times of weakness to pound us into the ground. Don't let him. That is why it is so important to make that decision today. NONE OF THESE THINGS WILL MOVE ME!

Have you made that decision? You should. God can be trusted. God plans for us are for our good and not evil. Then we can look back and say like Joseph did, "You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives." Or like Job who said "Tho he slay me, yet will I hope in him."

No comments:

Followers