Saturday, February 23, 2008

My Parents

I got this letter from my parents today - I know I have said this before but I have the best family in the whole wide world.

Angela and Jon, Kasey and Brad, and Breanne and Paul,

We have been praying for each of you and have felt great joy in the birth of Malia and great sorrow for Breanne and Paul in the miscarriage. For Kasey and Brad there is still sorrow for sweet Jake and again for Angela and Jon,and Breanne and Paul the miscarriages. We have great joy with McKenzie, Drew, Grey, Cas, Jake, Jackson, Isabel and now little Malia. It is hard to describe the joy and the sorrow, the love and pain for each of you. God has brought each of you through difficult days and joy filled days. He has given to us the most wonderful family and there is no way you will ever know how grateful we are for each of you. My heart aches with each of you in sorrow and rejoices with you in the good days.

Life has many joys that He brings to us through our family. The many gifts He has given to us are too numerous to describe but the most precious and wonderful gift is our girls and their families. He has bound our family together with a cord of love and strength that cannot be broken no matter how difficult the day or how full of the good that He has given to us.

I was reading the Psalms of Ascent and this one just prompted me to tell you all, we love you. He has His mighty hand of love on you and your families.

Psalm 133

How good and pleasant it is when brothers (sisters) dwell in unity! It is like precious oil on the head (it is like precious oil to our hearts), running down on the beard (well I guess not the beard), on the beard of Aaron, running down on the collar of his robes (running down into our hearts to heal a broken heart), It is like the dew of Hermon, which falls on the mountains of Zion!
For there the Lord commanded the blessing, life forevermore (He has blessed us with everlasting love and the blessing of eternal life with no tears and great joy. I added a few lines!

Please know how grateful we are for each of you!

We love you

Dad and Mom

How Awesome is that?

No comments:

Followers