Monday, March 24, 2008

Clothed With Power

Do you feel in a hurry to do something? I think all of America is in a hurry. We want it and we want now. Even the good things. I think one of the most dangerous places we can be in is rushing God. We have dreams, desires, and plans and we want them accomplished right now. But usually we don't want to wait for God's timing. 
I noticed something this weekend while our pastor preaching and he was in Luke 24 where Jesus is with His disciples and telling them that they are to be His witnesses. Then He says in verse 49 "I am going to send you what My Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high." BUT stay UNTIL. Those words were huge to me. Why? I think many times as Christians we get all these good (maybe even great) ideas of what we are going to do for God. Then we go and do it. 
They key here was that they were to stay there until they received His power to do what He has called them to do. I like to just get busy - I want to be moving. It is hard to stay and wait until I am clothed with His power. 
He also gave them specific instructions of what they were to do. I sometimes get so far ahead or away from the instructions that God has given me and get lost in my own ideas. He tells us what to do and then gives us the power to do it. 
He says, don't worry about tomorrow for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. I think God wants us to daily rest in him and wait on His power to do what HE wants. To stay put till we are clothed in His power. 


No comments:

Followers