Saturday, March 8, 2008

A New Thing

We had the dedication of our new church building last night and it was awesome. God's spirit filled the place. The worship was rockin', His name was glorified in each song, hands were lifted in praise, hearts were rejoicing in all He has done, and the Word was preached! What a night. Most importantly, God was glorified in what HE did for our church. We gave Him the praise, honor and glory for His blessing on our church. We had different pastors come into say a few words and pray over the church. One of the pastors felt that God had given him a word for our church. It was Isaiah 43: 19, "See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland." What a word from the Lord that is! He wants to do a new thing in us and in our church. God is into new things, big things. He is a big God. He makes a way for us in this desert (mountains and cold).

When I was at church yesterday someone made a comment about how we have said over and over that it is not about the building, it is about the people (which is SO true) so why do we dedicate the building? I argued with him over and over (surprise, surprise!) why we were having a dedication. How we take things and let the Lord know that we want to give it to Him. But it had no effect. You know when you are trying to tell someone something and they just don't get it or want to think anything other than what they already think. This was the case. We dropped it and moved on but I just can't quit thinking about it. Why do we dedicate? What does it mean to dedicate? I looked it up and the Bible says that to dedicate is to declare. We are declaring what God has done for us. Why do we give Him the glory for what He has done?

Because if we don't praise Him, the rocks will cry out! We have got to give Him His glory! Or what compels Him the next time when He didn't get any credit the last time?
Ok people. We have got to GIVE GOD HIS GLORY! Don't let the moment pass. Get excited about it – jump up and down, lift your hands in praise! I want God to like doing things for me. Don't you just love it when you give someone something and it is just obvious that they love it - they are vocal about it, they show you that they are thankful for what you have done? They demonstrate to you that they are appreciative. That is what we need to do with God. I want Him to think it is great to do things for me – my reaction pleases Him. I want to dang well take NOTICE of what He is doing. To clap, shout, and jump for joy of all He has done. I don't want the rocks to have to cry out (however, I sure would like to see that!)

"Many, O Lord my God, are Your wonderful works which You have done!" Ps. 40:5

"I am the Lord; that is My Name! I will not give My glory to another or My praise to idols...Let them give glory to the Lord and proclaim His praise...!" Is. 42:8,12

I am not fussing. (Ok, maybe just a little) Just feel passionate about it. Enjoy your God! Give Him the glory He deserves for all that He has done for us. He is so worthy to be praised. Don't let the minute pass without giving Him thanks. Stop and clap your hands for Him. We clap for everyone else, why not Him?

Ok, I'm done!

1 comment:

Followers