Friday, March 28, 2008

It is Almost April, For Goodness Sake!

Good Morning from Colorado Springs! It is freezing here with a slight now and lots of ice. It took my husband about 30 minutes to get the ice off his car and it warm enough to even sit in it before taking off for work. On top of that, he slipped on the ice in the driveway and was not a happy camper this morning. I am glad I don't have to leave the house. I am sitting by the fire thankful for a husband who provides for us and the things he goes without so I can stay home with the kiddos. 
Not everyday am I happy that I stay home with kids. Most days, I complain about all the mundane chores I do. I don't like to cook, I could do laundry everyday for the rest of my life. But today, I am very glad that I don't have to get up and get out of the house. I am blessed to stay here by my fireplace and drink hot tea all day in my pj's and slippers. 
It is all about perspective. I just got a e-mail from a friend who just attended a friends funeral who was a 45 year old woman and had kids. All the sudden, her life seemed so much easier and felt silly about the things she complained about. 
We can all relate, can't we? It all comes down to what we are focusing on. Yesterday, I was focusing on the fact that it would be fun to dress up each day and go work somewhere that didn't need me to wash their dishes or clean their clothes. Today, I am thankful for the blessing of sitting by the fire while the boys are watching Star Wars. Perspective is a powerful thing. 
One day, this life will be but a blink of the eye and we will have wished that we saw things from His perspective. The things we worried about, cared about, mean so little on the other side of eternity. Let's all change our focus to His focus. 
So, today I leave you with this. 
2 Corinthians 4: 16-18 "Therefore we do not lost heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. " 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Get the ice scrapper in a can. Works wonders - i had to use it friday too in order to get the ice off. Its sort of like the de-icer stuff they use on planes. Its nice stuff! - Mishelle R.

Followers