Thursday, March 20, 2008

Easter Traditions

After a cancelled flight and a longer vacation with my sisters and family than I planned. I find myself on Thursday, the day before Good Friday in a mess. I haven't planned what to cook for Easter, much less what things to do with the kids to remind them why we celebrate Easter. We make Resurrection Rolls on Easter morning each year but was wondering if y'all had any other good ideas for Easter. 
I think I will go and get the Resurrection Eggs today that tell the Easter story. I am all ears for your ideas. 
Here is the recipe for the Resurrection Rolls
1 can of refrigerated crescent roll dough
8 large marshmallows
melted butter
cinnamon
sugar 
Directions:
Give each child one triangle shaped section of crescent roll. This represents the tomb. Each child takes one marshmallow which represents the body of Christ. Dip the marshmallow in the butter and roll in cinnamon and sugar mixture. This represents the oils and spices the body was anointed  with upon burial. Lay the marshmallow on the dough and carefully wrap it around the marshmallow. Make sure all seams are pinched together well. (Otherwise, the marshmallow will "ooze" out of the seams) Bake according to package directions. Cool. Break open the tomb (the oven) and the body of Christ is no longer there. 
I must give you one warning when your kids are little and still in the literal thinking stage - they might be very disturbed to think that are actually eating Jesus' body! My youngest was highly upset thinking what we were eating Him! Kids, don't you just love them?

1 comment:

pondering said...

Well, thats very cute- and funny- what your little boy thought, but at least he has his priorities straight...it's better not to partake of the sweet treats of life than to risk sinning against Jesus... at least in his little cute thinking.....LOL hysterical...I'm sure you helped him set it straight.

Followers