Sunday, March 2, 2008

God’s Business

Do we really believe that God is for us? I mean really, don't most of us think that if we totally surrender to God He is going to do something horrible to us? Or make us move somewhere we don't want to move? (Peru) Why is that?

I think we really don't believe God is who He says He is. If we really believed Jeremiah 29:11 that says, "For I know the plans for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." Would we doubt anything He asks us to do? I could list verse after verse of how good God is and how He can be trusted. We could say many of them by heart. So, why do we doubt?

I am studying to teach Hannah and I have learned so much. Hannah was barren and longed for God to give her a son. She cried out to God and asked Him to give her a son – He did, but when Hannah asked God for a son, she also told the Lord she would give her son back to Him, for His service. Was Hannah bargaining with God? No, I don't think so. Hannah had a true heart change. Instead of coming to God for all the things she thought she needed, Hannah preferred God's will being accomplished to having her own way. Here lies the problem. We want our own way. We want to serve the Lord, just in our own way. Until we decide to do it the way HE wants, we are in trouble. Even in Peru or right here in my house. My way conflicts with His way just about every minute.

My way says will you get _________ for me. His way says, "What can I get you?"

My way says my needs need to be fulfilled. His way says, "How can I fill your needs?"

My way says I need that new pair of jeans(7 for all mankind, if you are interested in knowing what brand, Brad didn't get it). His way says, "I will provide for all your needs."

My way says I can't live without TIVO. His way says, "My strength is made perfect in weakness." (For those of you who have asked, we went on a fast as a family asking God what we needed to remove in our lives that was hindering our walk with Him. Directv is the first thing - we are a movie-only house now.)

My way wants to be served. His way is to seek, serve, and give our life as a ransom for many.

My way wants someone to wash my feet. His way washes the feet of others.


We can't walk in His way apart from Him. We can't do it without Him. But with Him, we can. Have a "WITH HIM" kind of love today for everyone you meet.

No comments:

Followers